The 8th APRU MH Summer School will be held on 24-27 July at Tohoku University. Graduate students and young researchers interested in disaster risk reduction (DRR) and management are welcome to join this event.
Date & Time
July 24 – 27, 2023
The International Research Institute of Disaster Science (IRIDeS),
Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Major Objectives of the Summer School
- Understand the mechanism of the international DRR strategies
- Learn from the experiences and recovery process from the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
- Learn from various disaster science research conducted in different countries
- Discuss the major challenges and roles of academia in progressing disaster risk reduction in other countries
The Multi-Hazards Summer School consists of a three-day seminar and a site visit to the affected area impacted by the Great Eastern Japan Earthquake and Tsunami.
- International Framework for DRR
- Lessons learnt from the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
- Experience and case studies by various stakeholders
- DRR research and initiatives by the APRU member universities
* Above topics are subject to change.
How to Register
No registration fee is required for this summer school. Participants will have to fund their own travel and accommodation. No funding support is available from the event organizer.
View a flyer here to find out more about the APRU MH Summer School 2023
APRU MH Program
Visit the APRU-IRIDeS Multi-Hazards Program Website at http://aprumh.irides.tohoku.ac.jp/
Find out program page on the APRU website at https://www.apru.org/our-work/pacific-rim-challenges/multi-hazards/