Hosted by Shanghai Jiao Tong University
FourC – Create Connect Communicate Collaborate
The Challenge was initiated by Shanghai Jiao Tong Design School in 2020 under the condition of Covid-19 quarantine.
With the theme of “ReConnect”, schools are encouraged to unite and interact in the form of 24 hours design charrette.
More than 200 design students from 52 universities around the world participated, including Harvard University, Northwestern University, Rochester Institute of Technology, National University of Singapore, University of Sydney, University of Melbourne, Tsinghua University, Zhejiang University, etc.. It was a success as all participants enjoyed the time and gave high comments. Fifty medias including People’s Daily, Xinhua News Agency, etc. report the event.
The theme of 2021 is “ReVive”, as revive for rehabilitation and regeneration. In the post-pandemic era, how can we use the power of design to protect health? Other than creating more enjoyment for material consumption, design should also carry missions given by the times: healing wounds, awakening hope, rebuilding communication, reshaping the harmonious relationship between people and the environment, as well as sustainable development. We hope that the participants will hold human-centered mind, trying to do something meaningful during the time. Let the design heal people‘s scars, embrace empathy and respect, and most importantly, actively face challenges of new lifestyles in postpandemic time, use the innovative power of design to promote the rehabilitation and resilience of human society.
- Registration Time: April 5th to May 7th 2021
- Deadline: 20:00 May 7, 2021 (GMT/UTC+8)
- Online Trial Test: May 22-23
- Contest Day: May 29-30
- Closing Ceremony: Jun 6 (tentative)
How to Register:
- Register by school as a unit, please directly send the “FourC Challenge 24-hour Design Charrette Contest Registration Form” to the official registration E-mailbox: [email protected], please specify the title with[FourC Challenge Registration].
- After reviewing materials, the organizer will notify participants by phone or email along with a guide to the contest and other relevant information.
For more information, please click here.
To view 2020 contest, please visit here.