The 17th APRU Global Health Conference 2024 will be held in Bangkok, Thailand on November 4 – 6, 2024.
The Conference is organized by the School of Global Health, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University in collaboration with the APRU Global Health Program. The theme of this year is “Harmonizing Human and Planetary Health Through Innovation, AI, and Digital Transformation.”
All sessions will be physically presented.
Dates: November 4 – 6, 2024
Venue: Bhumisiri Building, King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
The conference aims to:
- Foster interdisciplinary collaboration between healthcare and public health professionals, technologists, global health practitioners, and humanities scholars.
- Explore the intersection of humanities and healthcare to enhance people-centered and culturally sensitive practices.
- Assess the impact of economic crises and climate change on global health and propose resilient strategies.
- Provide a platform for thought leaders to discuss ethical considerations and guidelines in the age of AI and digital transformation.
- Showcase innovative solutions that leverage AI and digital technologies for human and planetary health.
The intended outcome is a collaborative roadmap for human and planetary health, integrating innovations, AI, and digital transformation while upholding the values of humanities in healthcare.
The conference will feature keynote presentations, panel discussions, interactive workshops, poster sessions, and a networking field trip (optional). Attendees will have the opportunity to engage with experts, share insights, and contribute to the development of a holistic and sustainable approach to human and planetary health.
Healthcare and public health professionals, researchers, technologists, policymakers, ethicists, and scholars in the fields of humanities and global health are welcomed to participate.
Call for Abstracts and Registration will be announced soon.
The 10th Annual APRU Global Health Student Poster Contest 2024
Current full-time undergraduate and graduate students (including medical students) from any university are invited to submit an academic poster along with an abstract of 150 words related to broadly global health for the 2024 contest. Post-doctoral students are not eligible. Collaborative poster presentations are acceptable but the student must be the first author, and only one submission per student.
- All eligible student poster submissions will be automatically “accepted” for the conference. They will be displayed virtually at the conference even if students cannot attend in person. Attendance at the conference is not required and there will be no poster presentation at the conference.
- A prize of $500 US will be awarded for the best undergraduate and best graduate posters (one in each category). Second and third place will also be awarded and will receive a certificate of the award but no cash prize will be offered.
- By submitting, you agree to have your poster included in our conference program and on the APRU website.
- Students should choose to submit either to the regular conference abstract submission (for consideration for an in-person oral presentation) OR the Student Poster Contest but not both
- Top three finalists in each category (undergraduate and graduate) will be notified by Sept 15, 2024. Top prizes will be announced during the conference.
- Please submit your poster by June 30, 2024.
The 9th Annual APRU Global Health Student Virtual Case Competition 2024
Please visit the Webpage for details.